Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Day In The Life of.. Jacques Cartier

Dear family,

Hello. Its been a while. I am sailing the high seas to find a route to Orient (China). It has been a very tough trip so far. The gold and riches must be hiding from me. I haven't found a single one! My crew is on the verge of dying from scurvey and I'm not doing to well either. I have met chief  Donnacona and lets just say we got off on the wrong foot. He thought I was stealing his land! Can you believe that? The weather is very odd. Its freezing! nothing like I'm used to. I wanna go home and be with you guys under the nice hot sun. I really do.  Now, its also very odd that the king put all this weight on my shoulders. He must really think I can do this. I'm not even sure. I can't understand anything the First Nations or the French are saying! It sounds like mumbling to me! Well I must get on with my journey. Love you. 

From yours truly, 

Jacques Cartier


By:Ally!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment